How to Make Your Makeup Remover
– Recipe 1: make an express makeup remover with aloe vera gel
– Recipe 2: make a two-phase makeup remover with cucumber
– Recipe 3: make a two-phase makeup remover for sensitive eyes
Makeup removal is an essential step in your daily beauty ritual. It removes makeup, which is concentrated in chemical products that irritate the skin, and traces of pollution, sebum, and other impurities accumulated throughout the day.
Here are some simple recipes to make your makeup remover.
Recipe 1: make an express makeup remover with aloe vera gel
Aloe vera gel is a natural elixir for internal and external use in the body. Ultra-moisturizing and regenerating, it has a tightening effect on the skin, making it a natural ingredient of choice for mature skin.
Here is a recipe for an express makeup remover to prepare before use.
– Mix 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel with the equivalent of sweet almond oil.
Using a cotton ball, apply gentle upward motions to the eyes.
– Apply the rest of the mixture to the face and neck.
– Use circular motions with fingertips to emulsify.
– Rinse with clean water to remove any remaining makeup remover.
Good to know: aloe vera gel can be stored in the refrigerator. It will bring a touch of freshness to your makeup remover.
Recipe 2: make a two-phase makeup remover with cucumber
Cucumber is very popular in beauty care, Tolerated by all skin types, especially for its refreshing side.
The less well-known cucumber seed oil has the same properties and can easily be incorporated into homemade cosmetic recipes.
Gather the necessary ingredients to make your cucumber makeup remover:
– 25 ml of cucumber seed vegetable oil;
– 25 ml of hydrosol of your choice:
◦ lemon bedew hydrosol: purifies oily skin,
◦ cornflower hydrosol: soothes tired eyes and tones the skin,
◦ lime hydrosol: soothes sensitive skin.
– 10 drops of grapefruit seed extract: natural preservative for cosmetics that contain an aqueous phase.
Recipe for cucumber makeup remover
– Sterilize a bowl and a bottle by immersing them for 5 minutes in boiling water.
– Mix the cucumber seed oil, hydrosol, and grapefruit seed extract.
– Pour into the bottle.
– Label the bottle with the ingredients and the date of manufacture.
Use your cucumber bi-phase makeup remover
– Gently shake the bottle to mix the 2 phases of the makeup remover.
– Soak a cotton pad with the makeup remover.
– Rinse with clear water.
– Pass the cotton on the face and the eyes.
Thanks to the grapefruit seed extract, you can keep this homemade makeup remover for 1 month at room temperature.
Recipe 3: Make a two-phase makeup remover for sensitive eyes
Castor oil has many virtues for the skin and eyes:
– It is purifying.
– It is known to look after irritated eyes.
– It helps to strengthen the lashes.
Gather the necessary ingredients to make your makeup remover
– 10 ml of castor oil;
– 15 ml of camellia vegetable oil, used for centuries by Japanese women in facial care;
– 25 ml of cornflower hydrolate, which soothes sensitive eyes;
– 10 drops of grapefruit seed extract to keep your makeup remover fresh for up to a month.
Prepare your two-phase makeup remover for sensitive eyes
– Sterilize your bowl and bottle for 5 minutes in boiling water.
– Mix the ingredients.
– Pour the mixture into your bottle.
– Stick a label on the bottle indicating the ingredients and the date of manufacture.
Materials needed to make your makeup remover
Grapefruit seed extract